Extend the Life of Your Components with Laser Cladding
The Laser Cladding Process
Laser Cladding works by fusing new material onto old worn out surfaces through welding by laser. The new materials strengthen and enhance the original component to lengthen its lifespan, thereby improving overall engine efficiency at a fraction of the cost of buying a new component. We specialize in the repair of high value marine mechanical parts such as Pistons, Turbochargers, Cylinder Head and etc. using Laser Cladding Technology.
Research and Development
Laser Cladding draws from 12 years of research and development by Gall & Seitz Systems in cooperation with Trumpf and the Bremen Institute of Applied Beam Technologies in Bremen, Germany to bring forth cutting edge technology for the marine sector. Research included testing on more than 1,000 4 strokes pistons of various makes that were put through Laser Cladding reconditioning. These pistons followed by further development of reconditioning of turbocharger parts were subsequently put back into full service.
The process offers the following technical advantages:
- Metallic bonding of layers
- Very limited distortion
- Small heat affected zone
- Low effort in pre and post processing
- High powered lasers, 2 units
- High accuracy 6-axis robot for laser system, 2 units
- Turn tilt unit and adapters for various work pieces
- Mechanical workshop for machining
- Portable CMM for dimensional inspections
- Support system for shafts up to 5 m in length
After extensive scientific tests, our processes have been proven to restore and recondition engineering components effectively and extend their lifespan after being put back in operation. Laser Cladding is also DNV-GL approved.
Through Laser-Powder Cladding, we offer the following advantages, or what we deem as the r3:
- Reconditioning and enhancing worn areas and new contours to original sizes.
- Reduced down times for ship owners and charters requiring repairs.
- Lower costs for reconditioning components.
- Saving the environment by restoring old parts instead of replacing them entirely.
All trademarks and copyrights are property of their respective owners.
Fill in the form or give us a call.
Phone (+65) 6264 2922
Fax (+65) 6264 0202
Laser cladding services is offered by Laser Cladding Singapore, a joint venture between CLLS, Gall & Seitz Systems, Nippon Diesel Service and Yanmar.